Sunday, May 27, 2012

Adding Double Digits FREEBIES


Long Weekend 

    I'm so excited to have a 3 day weekend! I got so much done yesterday after school... we've been so behind with our housework. I was able to get a lot done, which is why I didn't post Friday. And, I am sick which is why I didn’t post yesterday. But don't fret, I also put together two math FREEBIES for you to download today! 
   Friday was a great day in first grade! The highlight of our day was math: adding with two digit numbers. Since it's the end of the year, I've been busy cleaning, reorganizing, and giving things away. So I gave away candy during math. Our lesson was completely hands on. All we did was use our 10s and 1s and place value mats to model various double digit addition sentences. I used equity sticks to call on the kids, and each time a student answered a question correctly he/she 'won' a piece of candy. Each student earned a piece of candy by the end of our rather long math lesson. And what was great was my kids were all really encouraging to one another- saying, "Good job," and "Nice work," to students when they answered correctly. 
    Like I said I’m sick, so this post is short! Here are your math FREEBIES!!




No comments:

Post a Comment