Monday, May 7, 2012

First Post


        Hi there! I'm new to this whole blogging thing, but I thought I'd "give it a whirl".  So, I guess I’ll start out by telling you a little bit about myself. I am 26 (on Friday) and finishing my third year teaching first grade. I teach and live in Maryland, just outside of D.C. I am originally from Michigan, but moved to Maryland to pursue my dream of teaching… since things (like having a teaching job) in Michigan were pretty dismal when I graduated from college. I had a VERY busy first year of teaching: I was not only adjusting to a new city/state and a new job, but I was planning a wedding! Let’s just say it was no surprise that I ended up having my first gray hair by the end of the school year. Fast forward to today, and I am happily married to my high school sweetheart (approaching our 2nd anniversary). We have two “furry children” Wylee, a miniature schnauzer, and Wheaton, a wheaten terrier.
I am hoping that through this blog I can connect to many teachers as dedicated and passionate as I am, share ideas, and learn new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment