Friday, July 20, 2012

Home Sweet Home



Home Sweet Home

        WOW- I can’t believe how quickly this week flew by! I had good intentions of posting earlier in the week, but apparently I’ve been enjoying my time home in Michigan too much! In fact, this is the first morning all week that I haven’t had to get up and go. Let me fill you in briefly about the week’s events:
  • · Monday: I was in the car the majority of the day (8 hours) driving myself and our two dogs to Michigan
  • ·Tuesday: I went to the Tigers (baseball) game with my sister, and stayed the night in Ann Arbor at my sister’s apartment

Here's a picture of us at the game

  • · Wednesday: My sister and I met our cousin for breakfast and then ran errands all day. We also visited our Great Uncle George :D
  • · Thursday: I ran errands with my bestie and then met some friends from college for dinner- yesterday was GREAT
  • · Friday: Today will be nice and relaxing, until about 3:00 and then I am helping my mom babysit a family friend’s kids (which will be fun, but tiring)


This week was pretty busy and lots of fun- catching up with friends and family. I am definitely looking forward to next week though when I can work on some craft projects for home and the classroom. Last night I started making “Quiet Critters” for all three first grade classes, I’ve only done about one class worth’s though… check them out:


Aren't they cute?!? 

I also started to read (FINALLY) the book about creating independent writer's in the primary grades. I am only a few chapters in, but I already feel like I have learned so much! I am really looking forward to implementing her ideas into my classroom. Here's a picture of the notes, tabs, and bookmarks I have already inserted:


That's all for today! I will work on finishing up my next math journal pack over the weekend (hopefully) and will be uploading it sometime next week, so be sure to stop by.




No comments:

Post a Comment