Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Necessary School Supplies


FREE AT LAST!!

I have officially completed ALL of my coursework for my two summer classes!! YAHOOOOOO! I have my last classes tonight, but my work is DONE. So- the good news is, I’ll be back to posting regularly. I’m thinking I’ll post every 2-3 days.

Moving on- I am glad to finally start my ‘real’ summer, i.e. do what I want: like craft, read, pin, and take a nice long trip back to Michigan to see my family.

I am currently working on a math journal packet. I’m hoping to have it finished by the end of the week, so keep your eyes peeled for that FREEBIE.

I am also looking forward to doing a little school supply shopping over the next few weeks. I have a Staples gift card ‘burning a hole in my pocket.’ I broke it in over the weekend when I bought two new one-touch staplers. A purchase that my husband scoffed at, but he doesn’t realize how hard it is for 6 year olds to staple together mini-books! I was in the stapler section for a good 10 minutes, trying out as many as I could, and comparing their ‘one-touch’ abilities. I must say I am satisfied with my purchase:



I have been trying to decide how to have my students keep their supplies this year. I have been doing some pinning, in the little free time that I had, and am starting think I may switch from personal supplies to shared table supplies. But, I have always had my kids keep their own supplies… so it’s been a tough call for me (clearly because I have yet to decide!). So here are today’s questions:
·        How do your students keep their supplies (personal in desk, or shared at tables/teams)?
·        What supplies do you ask your kids to bring?
·        What supplies do you purchase for your kids?
PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment