Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Synonyms & Antonyms



A Personal Note & Synonym and Antonym FREEBIEs


        Okay… so I know it’s been F-O-R-E-V-E-R since I’ve posted, and I do apologize! Like all of you, I’ve been VERY busy. My intern is also the lead teacher, so I haven’t been directly connected to the lessons, which makes it really hard to blog! I have also been pretty busy with homework this semester, and I went on VACATION. What’s that you say?? I know, I too had forgotten what vacation is (we hadn’t been in two years). OMG it was so insanely nice to relax and enjoy my husband!


        Having an intern has allowed me to reorganize my files, make some new activities, and prep A LOT of new center activities. I have also been able to work one-on-one with all of my students. It’s GREAT! I’ve also had more time to do what I like to do: keep a clean home and CRAFT! I have even had time to paint my nails- that never happens! I’ll stop gloating and move on to the synonym and antonym FREEBIEs I promised in the title.


        My intern started teaching synonyms today. She made an anchor chart with the kids charting synonyms of big, small, and good. They did a great job. Tomorrow she has planned several differentiated activities for them to continue working with synonyms, including this one:





This worksheet is designed to reinforce synonyms for your struggling students.

     I also made an antonym match activity that is very similar:



  
Be sure to check out my synonym and antonym card packs on TpT!
ENJOY- If you like what you see please follow my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment