Friday, April 26, 2013

Dinosaur Fun


Dinosaur Fun


        We finished our dinosaur unit today! The kiddos made dinosaur skeletons with toothpicks and popsicle sticks. 





        We also made a class graph of our favorite dinosaurs. I’ve just added a new class graphing activity to my Dinosaur Activity Pack and wanted to try it out with my kids. They LOVED it! Though I think if I had copied 22 T-rex’s they each would have picked it!! I also made a recording sheet for students to replicate the class graph and then analyze the information presented! Here’s a shot of our graph:


        Yesterday we went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History to see the dinosaur exhibit, along with many others! I love seeing the excitement on the kids’ faces when they see the dinosaurs. I also enjoy hearing them spew information they have learned over the school year as we walk through each of the exhibits.  

        Next week I begin teaching science/social studies and math again, and then reading the week after. I got this from one of my sweet boys today:



       
The card says “I can’t wait for you to start teaching me again!”

Well- that’s all for today! Be sure to stop by my TpT store to check out my dinosaur pack. J Have a GREAT weekend!!





No comments:

Post a Comment