Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Anniversary


Hello Summer! Well Sort of…

       Summer is FINALLY here! My last day with my kids was Friday, and then I had to go in on Monday to clean and pack-up my room. I apologize for my extended absence, but I have been EXTREMELY busy with homework for my two grad classes. All I did over the weekend was homework! And, I’m sad to say that that’s pretty much all I did yesterday along with going to class- which is sad because yesterday was mine & my husband’s 2nd anniversary. In light of this I have a little video to share; because it just makes me smile (it’s a video of our wedding day):


       Okay… moving on! What, if anything, do you do over the summer to prepare for the upcoming school year? Please share by leaving a comment below! I will be reading my new book: No More “I’m Done!”: Fostering Independent Writers in the Primary Grades by Jennifer Jacobson.


      I also plan to do a more in-depth reading of portions of Teach like a Champion by Doug Lemov. 



     We did a staff book study with Teach like a Champion this year, but I would like to take a better look for myself. I will also be making new sight-word cards for my word wall- which I will share once they are done! I will also be making some new plans for the beginning of the year. Again- please share your ideas by leaving a comment!!

       Sorry to keep it short, but I have more homework to do!
      



No comments:

Post a Comment