Tuesday, November 6, 2012



Duck vs. Grace & an Election Day FREEBIE

        Well, today’s the day: ELECTION DAY! The last Election Day I was a student teacher, seems hard for me to believe. I am worried about voting today, simply because I keep hearing ‘horror stories’ about how long people have to wait at the polls here! So, today’s post will be quick, because I’m headed off to vote soon.

        Yesterday we did an activity that I have used in February around Presidents’ Day, but since it’s an election year, I felt it was more appropriate to do it now. On Friday we read Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio. We then identified what Grace did during her ‘campaign’ to be Class President. Then yesterday we read Duck for President by Doreen Cronin (I LOVE this book!). After reading we identified what Duck did during his campaigns to be Governor and President.  Then we also discussed which story was fantasy and which story could happen in real-life. Finally, I introduced our activity, a Venn diagram comparing the two stories. Click here for your FREE copy.

   Since we don’t have school today, as many of the schools in our district are used as polling places, I also gave my students this activity for homework:

    Click here for your FREE copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment